Nivea Fruity Shine Lip Balm Pomegranate Review and Swatches
Although I love my NYX Juicy Lip Balm but it has a cough syrup like minty smell which I totally hate. Lip balms in India generally don’t have enough pigmentation to be called tinted lip balms (looking at you Maybelline Baby Lips) but these Nivea Fruity Shine lip balms have me hooked. They don’t have a mind blowing pigmentation but compensate more than enough in the shine department. Meet Ms.Pomegranate which I will review and swatch today. Talking of Nivea reminds me I have to buy the new lip butters which have been getting rave reviews by the Indian beauty bloggers.
Nivea Claims: Do your lips need soft care and extra moisturisation? Try NIVEA Fruity Shine Pomegranate!
- It has a delicious fruity scent combined with smoothing, long lasting care for your lips.
- It naturally enhances your lips with shimmering pigments and a soft glossy colour
- Protect your lips from harmful UVA & UVB rays with SPF10
HOW IT WORKS: The new formula of NIVEA Lip Care Fruity Shine Pomegranate makes your lips delicious, kissing them with a fruity-fresh pomegranate taste. This lip balm covers your lips with glossy shine, over a subtle, red-toned glow. Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil and Shea Butter keep your lips smooth & soft with a hint of colour. NIVEA – for lips that love to talk, smile, laugh and kiss. See all shades here
Other variants: Cherry, Strawberry and Pink Guava
Pomegranate has deep reddish tint which although doesn’t cover my lip pigmentation but works well with my natural lip colour. I don’t know but it enhances my natural tone and make my lips look healthy and plump.
And the shine! You won’t need a lip gloss if you wear it on top of your lipsticks. Infact that’s how I mostly wear it – over lip pencils and lipsticks. And you don’t get the heavy feeling or stickiness you get with the lip glosses.
I can’t say it smells of Pomegranates but it does smell fruity but not excessively sweet which I love. Its one of the best smelling lip balms ever!
The moisturization is good for a tinted lip balm. You know they are either pigmented or moisturizing so this one gives you a little bit of both. You won’t need to re-apply for 4-5hrs.
It recently got a make over with all new packaging but the formula is still the same. Its a little difficult to get hold of. When I was madly searching for it online and in stores, all I got was Cherry which is okay but not as good as this one. One stupid SA even told me it was discontinued! And when I told her about the new version she still said “not possible mam. I am from Nivea” Haa! I finally found it in the NewU store at Pacific Mall. I had no hopes until Sailor spotted it!
Swatches in natural light
I’m wearing it on my lips here
And here I’m wearing it on top of my Colorbar lip pencil to add a little warmth to the blue tones
Pros of Nivea Fruity Shine Lip Balm Pomegranate:
- Subtle pigmentation which doesn’t alters the lipstick shade
- Loads of shine!
- Sweet fruity fragrance which I love
- Can be used alone as well and enhances my natural lip colour
- Decently moisturizing
- Spf 10!
- The shimmer in it doesn’t translates to lips and the shine never looks OTT
- No artificial taste or smell
Cons of Nivea Fruity Shine Lip Balm Pomegranate:
- I would have liked a little more pigmentation
Price: Rs.129 (just saw it for Rs.95 at Nykaa.com)
VNA Rating: 4.5/5
So is it for you? Nivea Fruity Shine Lip Balm Pomegranate is for everyone! I love the texture, fragrance, moisturization and lasting power. Although I would have loved a little more pigmentation but the shine is a winner. Undoubtedly one of the best tinted lip balms in India.
- Maybelline Lip Smooth Color & Care Review
- Oriflame Beauty Lip Balm Review
- Avon Naturals Lip Balm Strawberry (Tinted) Review
- Lip Ice Sheer Color Strawberry Review
- Forest Essentials Kerala Lime Glaze Review
- Oriflame Pure Colour Lipstick Coral Rose