Real Techniques Core Collection Makeup Brushes Kit by Samantha Chapman of Pixiwoo Girls Review and Photos
By Contributor: Samannita Modak
Behind every beautiful canvas, there are the strokes of brushes..similarly behind flawless makeup there are some good makeup brushes. And when it comes about brushes the whole beauty blogging world swears by Samantha Chapman and her Real Techniques brushes which give a run to Mac and Sigma. These are some good makeup brushes at affordable prices. It took me long to grab RT Core Collection set which consists of a pointed foundation brush, expert buffing brush, detailer brush and contour brush. Now these Pixiwoo brushes are mine which are btw easily available on walmart and ebay but Indian girls have a hard time getting them.
Real Techniques Claims: Sam’s easy method to creating a perfect canvas. This core collection of coverage essentials helps you easily achieve a high-definition complexion from start to finish.
Create a perfect canvas with this collection of coverage essentials:
– Detailer brush: precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or, use with lipstick for long-lasting shape and definition
– Pointed foundation brush: Use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage
– buffing brush: ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation
– Contour brush: delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft-focus finish
– Panoramic brush case is a 2-in-1 case + stand
– look pixel-perfect even in harsh light
– Ultra-h, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free
– Extended aluminum handles are light and easy to use.
Packaging: The Real Techniques Core Collection Kit by Samantha Chapman comes in a plastic box within which it contain a case and four brushes. The four brushes are soft to touch, and have a golden body with a rubber grip at the bottom of the brushes which adds a professional look to the brushes. The bottom of the pointed foundation and expert buffing brush is so broad that you can keep them erect on your vanity table. Actually I usually do that to show others that I have RT brushes in my kitty!
I never thought that changing makeup brushes takes your makeup to a whole new level, as I used to believe that a makeup brush just help you to apply makeup when you don’t want to use your fingers..silly me. But the moment I saw that beauty bloggers in India and around the world buying RT brushes I knew I had to get them! This is the first brush set I bought from RT and trust me after this set I am addicted to collecting branded brushes. The brushes are just perfect for beginners who never used brushes for applying foundation or cream blushes. The brushes are quite dense and easy to wash and they dry out so quickly that it makes them perfect for daily use. And during washing there is no shedding of bristles. I have already washed them more than 10 times but the brushes have remained new as ever.
Coming to the Case, it is a panoramic case that is a dual carrier which stands and keeps the brushes organized on my counter (although I have a small space for my makeup) and easy to carry during travel.
The bristles of the brushes are super soft as they are made up of synthetic taklon. And these RT brushes are cruelty-free so thumbs up for this.
Expert Buffing Brush: This one is ideal for application of powder or mineral foundation. I use this brush for application of powders mostly.
Contour brush: used for bronzers and highlighters
Pointed Foundation brush: This brush is for applying liquid foundation giving a custom coverage.
Detailer brush- this brush is mainly for concealing problem areas or can be used for lipsticks to increase the intensity of the shade on lips. I use this brush as lip brush mostly as I don’t use concealers much.
Thumbs up points for Real Techniques Core Collection Makeup Brushes Kit:
- The brushes are easy to handle due to the rubber grip.
- Come in a nice packaging.
- The bristles are soft.
- Cruelty-free brushes.
- Easy to wash.
- Quick drying after every wash.
- No shedding of bristles.
- Gives pixel perfect look.
Now the thumbs down about Real Techniques Core Collection:
- The only thumbs down point that I found is the availability as these brushes are still not available in India and most of us either don’t have credit cards or can’t rely on International parcels that always tend to get lost.
Availability: iherb.com, feelunique.com, lookfantastic.com, OrderMakeup UK (a Facebook group)
VNA Rating: 5/5
My final thoughts: Real Techniques Core Collection is a makeup brush kit which I would love to recommend to everyone as it contains all the essential brushes for your face makeup and these are the best brushes I have used till now.